Wednesday 23 November 2011

Character Design: Hero and Sidekick Development and Turnaround



This is looking more into a 80's buddy cop tv series. AND. I. LOVE. IT.

It's got its distinctive atmosphere :)

"Two men of very different and conflicting personalities who are forced to work together to solve a crime and/or defeat criminals"

One is a hard-nails ex marine
The other is a cowardly genius

*Que Atmosphere Music*




Hero Further Development
After Revamping the style choice for the Hero from his original appearance being too henchman-Frankenstein-like, I looked back towards my original influence map.

I looked more towards the designs of Judge Dredd in both comics and film, as well as John Spartan in Demolition Man. I still wanted to preserve the square exaggeration, but I've toned it way down now.



At this point, he'll most likely fit with the villain. But the sidekick's style is way off now, so I need to revamp him:

BAM



So, Final Turnarounds - Line Drawing

1 comment: