Friday 4 November 2011

Character Design: Stylisation

Dedicating this day strictly towards Character Design, I plan to push out a number of blog posts today, specifically:


  • Ideas on Stylisation

  • Further Facial Studies

  • Body Proportions



In the next few days I'll hopefully plan to design overall body designs, as well as props and alternate costume designs for the characters. As well as push onto colouring and style guides later on.


Stylisation


After some research into the various styles and media which supports it. I've chosen to create the characters in-between a simple and broad art style.

My primary inspirational artists are Bruce Timm, Gene Hazelton, Mike Mignola and Chuck Jones
My Secondary inspirational media is Batman: Animated Series (1992 ), Looney Toons (1950-1986 version), Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937), and Hellboy,


No comments:

Post a Comment